|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Mariko Shinoda. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with J-Drama Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.|
|This article is about a/an actress in multiple J-Dramas.|
|Born:||March 11, 1986|
|Born in:||Fukuoka, Japan|
Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta
Mariko Shinoda (篠田麻里子 Shinoda Mariko?) is a Japanese singer, actress, fashion model, and former member of the Japanese idol group AKB48, in which she was the captain of Team A.
In October 2005, she auditioned for AKB48 but did not make the first generation. She started working at a café in AKB48's theater, then known as Akihabara 48, as a staff member. Yasushi Akimoto, general producer of AKB48, gave her a chance to join AKB48 on the condition that she learn the group's 12 songs and dances in four days. She became AKB48's first non-generation, or "1.5 generation", member with her debut on Team A on January 22, 2006. Her first single as part of the main group was on "Aitakatta". On March 30, 2011, she began to host a show with her own name, Mariko-sama no Oriko-sama (麻里子様のおりこうさま!?) on NHK. She has appeared individually in television commercials and was cited as the "queen of TV commercials" (CM joō) for 2012 for having more contracts (a total of twenty) with companies to appear in their ads than any other female tarento (fellow AKB48 member Tomomi Itano was tied at 20).
In August 2012, AKB48 Theater’s manager Tomonobu Togasaki announced sweeping team changes that placed Shinoda as the new captain of Team A.
In 2013, Shinoda launched her clothing brand "ricori" which featured clothing that she had designed and produced. She stated that starting her own line of clothing had been a dream of hers before joining AKB48.
Shinoda placed fifth overall in the 2013 AKB48 General Election. On June 8, during the broadcast of the election results, Shinoda announced that she would graduate from the group. She later announced that she planned to continue fashion design and modeling. Her graduation ceremony was held on July 21 at the Fukuoka Yahoo Dome, and her final performance at the AKB48 theater was on July 22.
- Umi no Ue no Shinryojo (Fuji TV, 2013) as Tachibana Kaoru (ep2)
- Sakura kara no Tegami (NTV, 2011) as herself
- Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta (Fuji TV, 2011)
- Majisuka Gakuen (TV Tokyo, 2010) as Shinoda Mariko (Sado)
- Gyne (NTV, 2009)
- LOVE GAME (YTV, 2009) as Ryuko
- to be added
TV Show Theme Songs
- Sakura no Shiori (AKB48), theme song for Majisuka Gakuen (2010)
- Majisuka Rock n' Roll (AKB48), theme song for Majisuka Gakuen (2010)
- Oogoe Diamond (AKB48), theme song for Mendol (2008)
- to be added
- Official site
- Profile (AKB48 Official site)
- Official blog
- Mariko Shinoda at Wikipedia
- "Mariko-sama no Orikou sama! Official website by NHK
- Mariko Shinoda (English page) － Google+
- ↑ "Omoikkiri DON" broadcast 2009-05-13 by Nihon TV
- ↑ http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/12130
- ↑ http://www.jpopasia.com/news/akb48s-shinoda-mariko-lands-her-own-tv-show::5251.html
- ↑ http://sankei.jp.msn.com/entertainments/news/121212/ent12121207570003-n1.htm
- ↑ http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/08/24/akb48-announces-tectonic-line-up-shift
- ↑ http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2013/02/shinoda-mariko-opens-the-first-store-for-her-original-brand-ricori/
- ↑ http://www.akb48.co.jp/sousenkyo/32ndsingle/result.php
- ↑ http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/p-et-tp0-20130609-1139997.html
- ↑ http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2013/06/shinoda-mariko-talks-about-her-future-activities-after-graduation
- ↑ http://www.akb48wrapup.com/2013/07/akb48-yokoyama-yui-is-team-as-new-captain-shinoda-mariko-graduation-ceremony/
- ↑ http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2013/07/shinoda-mariko-graduates-from-akb48